Reflect on the theme: Within Reach and get creative!
It’s time to Choose an Arts Category
This is your chance to express who you are as an individual through one or more of the following:
- Interpretation: How closely the piece relates to the theme, based on the artwork itself and the artist statement.
- Creativity:How creative and original the piece is in its conception of the theme and its presentation.
- Technique:The level of skill demonstrated in the basic principles/techniques of the arts area.
Submit Your Entry by October 13, 2017!
Follow your school’s PTA deadlines and instructions on how to enter. Guidelines and forms are available by your local PTSA.
In your artist statement, tell us about your work and what it means to you.
- How does your work relate to the theme?
- What is your personal connection to the theme?
- What did you use to create your work (e.g. supplies, technology, instrumentation, props, etc.)?
- What/Who was your inspiration?
Win Awards and Prizes!
All children deserve opportunities to explore and be involved in the arts. The National PTA Reflections program is PTA’s cornerstone arts program. It was developed in 1969 by Colorado’s PTA President Mary Lou Anderson to encourage students to explore their talents and express themselves. Since then, the Reflections Program has inspired millions of students to reflect on a specific theme and create original artwork. Each year, students in Grades Pre-K through 12 are recognized for bringing the theme to life through dance choreography, film production, literature, music composition, photography and visual arts.
Floyd Middle School PTSA Reflection Deadlines
October 13, 2017
South Cobb Council PTA Reflection Deadlines
·Winning entries from Floyd MS will be turned into South Cobb Council Level at the end of October.
·South Cobb Council Level Winners will be announced sometime in November at the SCC Reception