The 2018-2019 Reflections Theme is: Heroes Around Me
The Reflections Program is a National PTA and Georgia PTA cultural arts competition. Since 1969, over 10 million students across the nation have taken part in this popular PTA program.
The purpose of this program is to provide an opportunity for students to use their creative talents by expressing themselves through their own original works. The excitement and enthusiasm that the program generates for students, parents, schools and communities is unmatched with the majority of Georgia PTAs participating in the program at all PTA levels.
Young artists get involved through their local PTA or PTSA. A student may submit an entry in any of six arts areas. Only original works of art are accepted. The six art areas are: Visual Arts Photography, Literature, Music Composition, Dance Choreography, and Film Production.
That’s why the Reflections Program provides an excellent opportunity for students of all ages to:
- Unleash their creative talents and be inspired
- Express themselves imaginatively in their artwork
- Experience the joy and fun of making art
- Tap into critical thinking skills to create art inspired by the annual theme
- Receive positive recognition for their original works of art
Using A Checklist To Ensure All Requirements Are Met
It’s time to Choose an Arts Category
This is your chance to express who you are as an individual through one or more of the following:
Dance Choreography * Film Production * Literature * Music Composition * Photography * Visual Arts
- Interpretation: How closely the piece relates to the theme, based on the artwork itself and the artist statement.
- Creativity:How creative and original the piece is in its conception of the theme and its presentation.
- Technique:The level of skill demonstrated in the basic principles/techniques of the arts area.
Submit Your Entry by October 13, 2017!
Follow your school’s PTA deadlines and instructions on how to enter. Guidelines and forms are available by your local PTSA.
In your artist statement, tell us about your work and what it means to you.
- How does your work relate to the theme?
- What is your personal connection to the theme?
- What did you use to create your work (e.g. supplies, technology, instrumentation, props, etc.)?
- What/Who was your inspiration?
Win Awards and Prizes!
Visit http://www.georgiapta.org/reflections/ for more details
All children deserve opportunities to explore and be involved in the arts. The National PTA Reflections program is PTA’s cornerstone arts program. It was developed in 1969 by Colorado’s PTA President Mary Lou Anderson to encourage students to explore their talents and express themselves. Since then, the Reflections Program has inspired millions of students to reflect on a specific theme and create original artwork. Each year, students in Grades Pre-K through 12 are recognized for bringing the theme to life through dance choreography, film production, literature, music composition, photography and visual arts.
Floyd Middle School PTSA Reflection Deadlines
October 19, 2018
South Cobb Council PTA Reflection Deadlines
·Winning entries from Floyd MS will be turned into South Cobb Council Level in November.
·South Cobb Council Level Winners will be announced and celebrated in early 2019 SCC Reception